SaltCritters.com

Nothing Seems to grow???

zachtos

Background: It's been over 4 months now and I have seen nearly no growth from any of my corals. Most of my xenia died off except for a brown xenia and one pink pulsing that survived. I

***I'm asking to see if you have ideas of what is going on???

tank stats:: 15 gallon long, 2x55 W coralife PC (4 month bulbs), 1 gallon fuge w/ grape/calupera macro, LS, LR, 28 W PC, Remora HOB skimmer w/ maxijet, 2 x150 gph power heads, 22.5 lbs Live Rock, 20 LBs aragonite mixed w/ playsand (about 3 inches).

livestock: 3 turbo snail, 1 nas. snail (countless babies), 2 percula clowns, 1 peppermint shrimp (had small aptasia problem),Xenias, Kenya tree, toadstool, hairy mushrooms, star polyps, zoo's and a few other unidentified leathers/mushrooms.

maintenance: 10-15% weekly partial water change w/ RO water from walmart, daily 3ml B-Ionic, Bi-Daily Coralife Gold 2.5ml, weekly 1.5ml kent Tech-I iodine, weekly 2.5ml marc weiss vital, weekly strontium + calc (kent) as needed.

*2pinch of flakes or 1/4 cube of shrimp/day feeding

water tests:

sg-1.025

calc-400 ppm

kh-11dkh

nitrate-20-->35 ppm

nitrite-0ppm

ammonia-0ppm

mg-1500 ppm

*(about 1/4" of skimmate cleaned/day)

Picture%201%20(Small).jpg

*i also use kent marine salt - my xenia seemed to do better the first month the tank was setup (w/ instant ocean at the time though)

Archived