inTank Media Baskets

blue sea fan

hidden impact

hidden impact

i've just purchased this little guy and asked my LFS questions regarding its survival, maintenance, etc...

i was told that it needed good lighting and strong current and that it was a very hardy coral.

upon further research, i have discovered that the sea fan is for expert reefers and it needs moderate to low light and is not photosynthetic. it requires regular micro-plankton feedings and trace element dosing.

i'm no expert reefer yet, and my tank has only been established for a few months with only some zoos, a yellow leather, cleanup crew, and a skunk cleaner shrimp.

has anyone had any luck maintaining a sea fan, and what advice do you have in maintaining its health? can i successfully maintain this coral?

specs:

10gal AGA

CSL 20" moonlight 40x2 PC hood

HOB (empty just for flow)

prizm skimmer

small power head

all nit's=0 last i checked.

thanks,

-ab

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Di...=22&pCatId=1160

In a small tank feeding is a must. I have seen these do great with no direct feeding, but that is in a 240 with a super heavy fish load.

Make sure your skimmer works, and be on top of your water changes.

yeah i just gone one myself a week ago and found out that its VERY hard to keep.

they do not like light, and low to almost no light is best(i have mine under a rock shelf) and they need really good flow

also most importantly they need zooplancton(not the plant kind)

there is a post below(blue berry gregorian) about the stuff too

hope that helps

Archived