inTank Media Baskets

hosting anenomes

cmoreash

I was wondering if there are any fish that host to mushroom anenomes.  Seems like everyone has mushrooms, so this just kind of got my curiosity.   THis might be a really dumb question, but I've never seen it answered before..:)

There is no such thing as a dumb question.... until i heard that one...  just kidding... actually, I seen a clown playing in a ricorda mushroom... the ones with the hairy type bubbles on it. the mushroom itself was huge and the clown would dip right in to it on its side.....

that's interesting..i heard domino damsels will host in anenomes as well is that true?  How about corals, do fish host in them too?  

this hosting thing is really interesting to me.

printerdown01

There are quite a few relationships in the ocean where a coral, sponge, urchin, anemone, or even nudibranch will play host to a fish or a shrimp.... Mushroom anemones are not true anemones. However, I have often seen clowns adopt a large "hairy" shroom. Tiny gobies will often choose something similar to xenia to be their home or refuge. -I even had a citron goby that did this (I guess he found it convenient to hide in the thick waving arms)!

Archived