SaltCritters.com

Fans?

realhiphop

dauh dauh dauh Im ur biggest fan........

waht size tank? waht kinda hood? waht wattage? How many?

do U have a glass top?

it's pretty sad how ignorant you are. why would you even take time out to attempt to make fun of someone who knows less than you? I'm pretty sure we all start from a low plateau as far as knowledge, and as a beginner the only way to advance is by asking questions (regardless of how stupid you believe they are). You can always start your own forum for experts only and than you won't have to reply to all the stupid threads that kill you.

aparently U havent read any past history threads.

Im sarchastic.

there are other threads on fans going on as I type this... add your question in them and delete this one.......

silly No they dont need them and Yess they do. We need more back ground info to give an answer.

oh PS welcome to nano reef.com:rolleyes:

Ill save my #### and vinegear for a real fight. :P

Vixyswillie
Originally posted by realhiphop

are fans needed in the PC light systems?

Pretty much depends on your setup, RHH. If I were you, I'd incorporate them as part of your overall plan. That way, if you decide to upgrade your lights in the future (which you probably will), you'll be in good shape - even if you don't happen to need them for your PCs.

Couple things to remember about fans:

• Make sure the fan(s) blow IN to the canopy, not OUT. The salt from your tank will corrode the fans more quickly if they blow out.
  • Get a DC fan (instead of an AC one). They might be a little more costly to buy at first, but they're cheaper to run.

HTH. :D

Whether fans will be needed depends on your overall setup.

Once you have all the equipment setup, and testing, (nothing else in tank) you can see what your highest running temperature is with the lights on all day.

If they get more than 80F then you need fans.

It also depends on the ambient room temp etc. If the room temp is reptty low, then you might not have a problem as the heat will be dissipated to the sourroundings.

There are so many variables, it cant be deterimened 100% if you will need one.

I say setup the tank with all the equipment, and test for a good few days.

Hope this helps. :)

Goof luck with the new tank.

NaNO ReeFiN

I wouldn't say they're necessary, it all depends on how much heat there is in your tank. I have a 7 gallon Alife tank with a fan built into the hood and I find it does help with the heat. My tank ALWAYS stays constant at 80.8 degrees. Rarely does it go under 80 or above 81.

Archived