ReefCleaners.org

neon or fridmani dottyback?

gookster

went to petco (i know they suck), and saw a neon dottyback for 16 dollars. usually they sell for 30 bucks. they also got some fridmani dottys but they were not priced, but im sure their ignorance will have them marked low too.

my problem is which one should i get? tell me your opinion and WHY please. thanks in advance.

also they had a longnose, flame, and arc eyed hawkfish. can i get any of these and have it in a 10 gallon for 6 months with the dotty back?

You may want to rethink the neon dottyback if you want other fish in your tank. They are supposed to very aggressive and will kill other fish in the tank unless those fish are larger. I have heard of some members that have kept neons and percs..I believe that Crakeur has done that..perhaps you should make a personal note to him.

like the other person said, they're very territorial and aggresive. However, the fridmani is the least aggressive of all pseudochromis and will be the best choice of their group for nanos. My lfs has one in there with 2 clowns that does great.

As for price, it's going to run between 40 and 50 bucks.

do you think a sixline wrasse would work well with the neon? the orchid is selling for 25 bucks which is 10 bucks more, but still a great price.

Archived