SaltCritters.com

Need help Iding these two frags

GobyMan

pics are pretty blurry but the second one looks like some kind of open brain or meat coral. The first one looks like it might be a bali slimer acropora. Of course I am squinting to clear up the image so I might be way off.

I believe the second to be this montipora?

07f40f00.jpg

The first one looks to be a Pavona But I can't tell if it's blades or Branches for its morphology got a better pic yet?

HTH,

Toy

Ok, then I am farely sure the first is a hydnophora, and the second some type of montipora, possibly some sort of plating/whorling type.

Lunchbucket

i say 2nd is a povona, almost certain. look at how grooved it is. 1st is too blurry could be a pavona or a hydno, heck could be a lot of things..

better pic please

also, just so you know most ID'ing specially sps corals is all just a GUESS!!! you cannot really tell unless you take a sample to a lab and anilize it. many coral can look exactly alike (to us) and could be 2 different things

Lunchbucket

Thanks everyone. Lunchbucket, I realize that, but I was looking for people like you who had more experience with SPS than me. I appreciate everyone trying to help and I will try my best to get a clearer picture of the first one :)

Archived