inTank Media Baskets

How to feed either of these gobies?

GoldStripeMaroon

GoldStripeMaroon

Since I have yet to get a nano, I still wanted any feeding advice for either of these two gobies I am thinking about getting in my 75 gallon FOWLR. The tank has lots of rock and good sand bed for borrowing, and only has 2 clowns and assorted inverts.

1) High Fin Red Banded Goby

2) Firefish goby

I know that these two have smaller mouths, and if clowns are hogs, then they might have trouble getting food? If I chopped up food and used a turkey baster, would it get to them, or just pollute my tank more? Should I use mysid or meaty treats to home in on? What works?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

When I feed my tank, I squirt it in diffrent sections so if One fish is hogging one area they can go to the other side of the tank to eat. Works pretty good. I had to start doing it because my school of cardinals has turned into a pair and outcasted two fish.

I have a firefish and it's beautiful. But, the darn thing won't eat. It has been 3 days since he last ate in front of me at the LFS. I asked it to be fed before I bought it. It's always scared when I even get near the tank. I turn off all the circulation equipment and I sprinkle some New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula into the water column and make sure it sink down. It drifts right in front of it and ignores it.

When I turn the circulation back on, it tries to eat the small bubbles the AC200 makes.

Archived