Top Shelf Aquatics

LED for Fuge

trupel

I have a AC500 converted to a fuge (Thanks for the inspiration Steve961) and now I want to install some lighting. I was thinking using LED light. Has anyone had any success in lighting a fuge with LED?

I think a 13w pc would be a lot cheaper, but if you have some money to spend it would be a fun project. Just make sure they are in the right spectrum. You could use the lid on the AC to hang the LEDS from.

I have a AC300, but have not converted it yet. I've been looking for the lighting at helolights. Where is the 13w fixture you are talking about?

I'm going to try this out as well. I picked up some very bright white LED's. I figure I'll cut a hole in the top of my AC300 and mount the LEDs to some breadboard and then epoxy them in place to water seal them. I've never seen a Kelvin rating on LED's though, so this maybe a total bust, but the LEDs only cost me a few bucks, so why not try it out.

• 1 month later...

How's the LED idea doing so far? I haven't thought of doing this, but I think it's cheaper here, plus I already have a couple LEDs laying around. Is the macro growing? If so, what kind do u grow?

I have yet to try it as yet. I only have a blue led at the moment for moonlighting.

I will be doing it in about 4 wks time though

Archived