Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fuge pics

NanoJrFL

hey, hers some pics of my fuge i just setup, theres just sand in it, cuz i have like no money (savin up to buy a trumpet, no not the coral, lmfao) anyways, I've been workin on it awhile. THe overflow is an amiracle, and the return pump is a mag 2. THe fuge is a 10 gallon tank, with like three inches of CaribSea Sugar sized (w/e u do, rinse that stuff, omg, i didn't BAD idea, took me like two weeks to make my water clear in the bottom tank, wasn't hooked up yet) The plummbing took me a total of six hours. I have it covered by a DIY curtain so when the light is on at night i don't light up the house. Its working really well. I had to use the sponges to go around the drain cuz its sounds like a freakin toilet if u don't slow the water down. THe only sound now is a barely audible humming of the return pump/PVC, and the bubbles goin in the fuge, the flow is nice and slow so they come out of the PVC and go straight up. BTW, DIY is really rewarding when everything turns out the way u wanted it. Herers some pics

heres a pic of the side and plumbing, thats really cool though, the actinics on my wuad show up purp0le, they glow purple after u turn em off too! pimp, lol

yeah, i have a 32W CSL PC laying around, im just waiting for the rock and macro before i put a light in (so i dion't have to worry about algea or anything in there). THe overflow is an amiracle and as far as i know they all do 600 GPH max. THe pump is a mag 2 which does 275 at xero head, i figure its doing 200 at the end of the return, so i have it tuned down a quarter to 150 or so via ball valve. I do already have an anti siphon hole in the return, works great, already tested it.

NanoJrFL, dont worry about washing that sugar-sized arag...the small bits are pretty much dust so when you wash it you go from 30lbs down to 20. And on top of that the stuff still clouds for a week or two before it settles. Just stirring it up makes calcium dust settle all over everything (including inside the pumps causing wear&tear). The only way I can ever clear that stuff up is by using a diatom filter (2 hours with a diatom and the water is crystal). I have since sworn never to use the stuff again...sticking with the stuff that is one size bigger from now on.

Archived