ReefCleaners.org

2X32watt PCs in an elcipse system 12?

Korbin

Well? has it ever been done?

If anyone has any information or pictures, I would like to know how they did it. I have 1 32 watt CSL retrofit kit in there right now, and know I could fit another if I take out the tank's filter.

Think this would be worthwhile?

• 2 weeks later...

don't know how long your 32 watt blubs are , but I just put 2

28watt blubs in an Eclipse TL hood that will be going over the 10 gallon I am putting in my office. Got the blubs, ballast and everything from HELLOLIGHTS.

• 3 weeks later...
printerdown01

LOL, this is one question that I have been waiting forever to get the answer to! I have actually compaired the width of the 28W and 32W bulbs by CSL and they seem to be damn close (length is not an issue). I have seen many people rig 2x28W and don't see a reason that 2x32W couldn't be done... I'm going to try it when I get back down to SD... Chris, that means you'll be getting another order for a CSL 32W retrofit from me! I WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE PRICE AND SERVICE I RECIEVED ON THE FIRST ONE!!! -THANK!!

dude if u do this let me know!!!! i have the eclipse with the single bulb hood (15 watt) i upgraded to the 32 watt supernova kit, but would love to get a nother kit in there...B)

This change is pretty easy with the Hellolights kit. Just remove the blubs, then the Eclipse base plate, clips and ballast. Line up the new clips (included in the kit) from Hellolights, arrange the blubs so they are angled alittle, drill 4 small holes in the white Eclipse base plate for the clips , snap in the blubs and plug it in . It's really simple. This is Hello's "plug and play kit," it couldn't be simpler. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it will be easy, i was able to fit 2X28W CF in my Eclipse 6, i did however take out the whole old lite including the base thing that the old bulb pluged into. I put a peice of plexi betweent the bulbs and the water to proctect them from splashes

I have changed how the lights are attached to the hood since this photo, the tubes did not work that well, i switched to just plain bundle ties though the bulb

Jerome

C Jerome

Got any more pics on how you did your 2x28 fitting in the 6 hood. I would much apprec:) any you could e-mail me. I was going to put 13w pc's in my 6 hood,because they said 28's woulddn't fit .

any help would be "greatly" welcomed.

leslr

Originally posted by leslr

C Jerome

Got any more pics on how you did your 2x28 fitting in the 6 hood. I would much apprec:) any you could e-mail me. I was going to put 13w pc's in my 6 hood,because they said 28's woulddn't fit .

any help would be "greatly" welcomed.

leslr

???? Who is they? I've got 2x36 in one of mine with no problem.

I have changed how the lights are attached to the hood since this photo, the tubes did not work that well, i switched to just plain bundle ties though the bulb

I think that and the picture pretty much says it.

Another tip I can give you even though I'm not C Jerome, if you want to take C Jerome's approach rather than a fully enclosed light box like mine. Get some 1/4" square acrylic bar. Drill some holes in them evenly spaced. Glue them on the hood as rails on the hood. Then this will give you a nice firm place to wiretie your bundles and the lights inside the tubes to.

For example (cut away view, front to back perspective with hood upside down):

/      /  --------------------------------------  | 0   0   0   0   0   0   0  0  0  0 |   <--- Square Rod  --------------------------------------   =====================================  < Top of the hood

The squard rod is what my led's are attached to, and I also use it as wire management for wire ties.

attachment.php?s=&postid=770488

Archived