Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chemi-Pure vs. Regular Carbon

Dwankmuller

reeftankguy
Hey guys,

Im looking to remove some phosphates from my tank, and am looking at buying Chemi-pure. The question I have is...what is the difference between Chemi-Pure and regular carbon that comes with a biobag: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?...r:referralID=NA

Any info would be great. Thanks!

Dave

Chemipure Elite has Ferric Iron Oxide in order to remove phosphate and silicat, carbon doesnt...

Dwankmuller

I love em more...because sometimes you get nice people to actually help you out...rather than just post random comments

Reeftank guy thank you...

Honestly no offence but if you want people to post and learn about reefing...its probably not best to critisize what they say...some people haven't been around as lonjg as you...and therefor don't understand the ins and outs of every topic. I appologize for the dumb question, next time I won't post.

I love em more...because sometimes you get nice people to actually help you out...rather than just post random comments

Reeftank guy thank you...

Honestly no offence but if you want people to post and learn about reefing...its probably not best to critisize what they say...some people haven't been around as lonjg as you...and therefor don't understand the ins and outs of every topic. I appologize for the dumb question, next time I won't post.

If you think my post was criticism then you have a lot to learn here.

Serious, do a search, been asked a lot of times and the answer is that chemi-pure cures cancer and regular carbon does not.

Here let me help you

http://www.nano-reef.com/search/q.php?cx=p...&sa=Go#1002

OP, are you showing excessive phosphates with a test kit, or maybe excessive unpleasant algae?

I use chemi-pure elite and although it did reduce my phosphate readings, it didnt solve the hideous GHA problem I had. That required rock removal and BRUSHIE BRUSHIE BRUSHIE

Brushie_Brushie_Brushie.jpg

I ask only to see if you are simply trying to reduce levels or if you are experiencing an actual problem that might be aggravated by phosphates.

Archived