Coral Vue Hydros

J-Ranko's 10 Gallon Obsession

J-Ranko

Here are some close-ups of some of my sps:

greenBNmacro.jpg

This is a top-down view of my green birdsnest. One of the earliest sps to join my tank, it has grown considerably over the summer.

brownacromacro.jpg

This is some acropora species. (I don't know the exact species name.)

blueacromacro.jpg

This is my blue acropora tenuis.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how do the clown fish and the wrasse get along with each other?

They get along fine most of the time, though the wrasse will occasionally intimidate the clownfish (no actually bites/attacks but a brief chase). The sixline is more timid when I put my hand in the tank but is the more dominant fish.

Speaking of my fishes, here are some new pics of them:

clownfish1.jpg

sixline1-1.jpg

Tank is looking great.

What are you using for an overflow?

Thanks!

I have a DIY PVC contraption that I spray-painted black. It's essentially the same design as the one spelled out on this webpage: http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-overflow/120.asp. It's been working fine so far, but air does slowly build up in the siphon tube so I have to vacuum out the air once in a while. I'm actually working on a new overflow design that borrows heavily from the glass MAME overflow. Hopefully it pans out and I get more reliable overflow.

what kind of camera are you using, pics look great!

Thanks! For the most recent shots, I rented a Pentax K-x with a 50mm prime lens (f/1.4) and a 100mm macro lens (f/2.8). The earlier pictures were taken with a Panasonic Lumix FZ35.

Thanks!

I have a DIY PVC contraption that I spray-painted black. It's essentially the same design as the one spelled out on this webpage: http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-overflow/120.asp. It's been working fine so far, but air does slowly build up in the siphon tube so I have to vacuum out the air once in a while. I'm actually working on a new overflow design that borrows heavily from the glass MAME overflow. Hopefully it pans out and I get more reliable overflow.

That MAME is nice. Post the pics when it's up and running.

What size pvc are you using and return pump?

Thanks

That MAME is nice. Post the pics when it's up and running.

What size pvc are you using and return pump?

Thanks

The overflow is 3/4 inch PVC and the return is 1/2 inch CPVC. Copying the MAME overflow design has been a big pain in the @$$. I'm already on my third redesign and it's still not quite working. I'm having a hard time getting the venturi (on the return pipe) to create a strong enough vacuum to start and maintain siphon in the overflow.

• 3 weeks later...
Awesome tank! Fantastic images! Keep it up! How is the six-line doing in there? What's it eating?

Thanks! The six-line is fine, and I've been feeding it mainly pellets, with the occasional mysis.

By they way, all my livestock have been transferred over to my new rimless tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived