Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

175W MH on nano?

lanamarks

I have two tanks I'm working on - a 100 gal and a nano - 9.5 gal 13x13x13 cube tank. I'm trying to figure out the lighting for my nano. I can get a 400W MH at a hydroponics store for 150.00 and my 100 gal system currently has a 175W MH. I was thinking of getting the 400 W - putting it on the large aquarium and putting the existing 175 on the nano. Is this way too much for the nano. If I was to put in on how far above the tank would it need to be? Thanks.

Thanks - how high above the water does the bulb need to be. I was thinking of building a canopy with the 175W (10K) and leaving part of the back open with a computer fan installed. Do you think this would work to keep the heat down. I was also going to have a small power filter on the back which would also be turning the water at the surface. Also - is 10K good since there won't be any actinic supplement?

Yes i was going to buy a 175 watt bulb too for my 10 gallon tank im going to have it 4-6 inches of and going to leave the back open and cut 2 holes in the side so temp reduction and might have to buy a fan if comes down to it

Archived