Cultivated Reef

July Issue of Advanced Aquarists

Leonard

Fellow Aquarists,

The July Issue of Advanced Aquarist is now online at:

www.advancedaquarist.com

Our feature this month is by Drs. Sanjay Joshi, Nicolas Hartman, and Robert Minard. If you've never seen a photomicrograph of an Acropora skeleton, make sure not to miss this article!

In this issue, Scott Michaels introuduces to us the gorgeous Fathead/Sunburst Anthias, Randy Holmes-Farley explores calcium carbonate as a supplement, and Rob Toonen writes in detail about the fascinating Flame Scallop.

Of course, along with our regular columns, we have our featured aquarium, and photo gallery spotlight - so come on by and enjoy the reading from Advanced Aquarist - a peer reviewed publication for the aquarium hobbyist.

Come take a look! www.advancedaquarist.com

------------------------------------------

Advanced Aquarist Staff

www.advancedaquarist.com

I'm a member of just about every board :) Reefs.org is my original home (I can not stand RC). Having found this board a couple months back, I frequent nano-reefs.com regularly nowadays.

Glad you enjoyed the magazine. The more information available, the better the hobbyists.

Vixyswillie
Originally posted by Leonard

...(I can not stand RC)...

I tend to agree, Len. Not sure what to call it - "cliquey?" In any event, they haven't made me feel terribly welcome over there... let's just say that. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the magazine.  The more information available, the better the hobbyists.

That's for sure - thanks for reminding us about it. BTW... any progress on the contact information for those testing kit companies, re: expiration dates? Haven't gotten caught up on my backlog of posts since my last visit, yet. If you've already posted a new thread about it, just ignore me - I'll get there eventually. :D

I haven't had time to draft up the letters. I intend to do it by next week's end. It's gonna be short email, but I need to find a list of all the major manufacturers and I'm currently being tied down with other reef-related commitments right now. Will definitely get around to it, and if not, slap me around to wake me up.

Vixyswillie

How about if I offer my help? I'll be happy to compile a list of test kit companies and their respective email addresses over the next week.

Sure. If you can compile a list of all the major manufacturer's emails, you've pretty much done the hard part. The letter's essentially gonna simply request manufacturers put a use-by or manufactuered date since test kits are time-sensitive products. Email me @ len@reefscapes.net if you get a list going. Credit is all yours :)

Archived