inTank Media Baskets

overdosed, strange readings

doctaq

i have my alk supplement mixed with rodi which doses into my tank every day, i tested my alk today at 9dkh, i turned my dosing aqualifter on, then forgot about it until it made the gurgling noise, i estimate that it dosed enough to raise around 6-8 dkh, i did a 25% water change and tested again, now my alk is at about 11, the numbers dont add up...possibly my test is bad? i use api alk and have been going off of this for the longest time

the lights were off the whole time, is there any chance im going to awaken to a nuked tank? a snow globe?

maybe i need to dose extra calcium

i have my alk supplement mixed with rodi which doses into my tank every day, i tested my alk today at 9dkh, i turned my dosing aqualifter on, then forgot about it until it made the gurgling noise, i estimate that it dosed enough to raise around 6-8 dkh, i did a 25% water change and tested again, now my alk is at about 11, the numbers dont add up...possibly my test is bad? i use api alk and have been going off of this for the longest time

the lights were off the whole time, is there any chance im going to awaken to a nuked tank? a snow globe?

maybe i need to dose extra calcium

there shouldn't be a reason that your test kit suddenly went bad if you've been using it for so long. A dkh of 11 is fine (wish mine was that high). You could of overdosed a lot yet the 25% water change probably hardly made a dent to drop your alk. I would leave it at 11 and let it drop on its own. What is your calcium level at?

i changed water with 8dkh and my calcium is unknown, i have an elos test kit that said like 300 even after i dosed like 100. plus my coral are growing so i doubt its 300, what the heck elos?

Amphiprion1
i changed water with 8dkh and my calcium is unknown, i have an elos test kit that said like 300 even after i dosed like 100. plus my coral are growing so i doubt its 300, what the heck elos?

Check your calcium. Chances are you had some precipitation, which would explain why it didn't rise as high as it would have, theoretically speaking.

i thinks the elos calcium is off .. might bring it in to check against my lfs elos

stupid thing today, for some reason my doser dosed the whole bottle, my alk is up to 15 dkh and i have no water to change due to a predicament in boston water source.

Archived