ReefCleaners.org

rnd4's 40 Breeder (New April FTS)

rnd4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my overflow and sump put in yesterday. There was a bit of flooding, a few minor electrocutions and a lot of frustration, but after several fits and starts I finally got things in equilibrium. I added a Phosban reactor to the sump in case phosphates are encouraging my algal growth.

Are you potentially confusing nitrite and nitrate?

At no point should there ever be nitrite detectable in an established tank.

Judging by your growth, your test kit is fuxed.

Tank looks remarkable!

• 7 months later...

The tank has been far too ugly to photograph until recently. It's still not where I would like it (still recovering from my massive coral loss ~9 months ago), but it's getting there.

FTS from today:

IMG_3092.jpg

Macro shot of my green tuxedo urchin:

IMG_3098.jpg

• 10 months later...

So, I ended up selling my rock and livestock back in June. With the impending birth of our first child my wife put her foot down...

But I was able to keep all of my equipment for another go when we're on slightly better footing financially!

Today, I decided to grab some stuff out of the shed, like my protein skimmer, and give it a good cleaning. After about 30 minutes in the vinegar bath I noticed something stuck to a sponge in the bucket...an emerald crab! I could not believe the condition the crab was in...almost as if it had been alive, in my shed, out of water, in 100°+ temperatures all summer...it was perfect.

So, I threw the crab (and an old urchin shell) into my lightbox...

I present you my efforts:

8301417059_db17267a5b.jpg

8302274082_d29c96d089.jpg

8301414979_bdcb5936c8.jpg[/media]

Archived