SaltCritters.com

70 W Metal Halide

lanamarks

I'm looking at eventually setting up a 13x13x13 nano cube. I wanted to fit a good amt of light in there but a lot of fixtures are over 13" long. I thought about putting a 70W Metal Halide over it but I can't seem to find a 70W ballast pendant, retro, or anything. Anyone know any sites where I can find something. Thanks!

Icecap is comming out with a new 70/150 watt balast sometime. I have a proto-type right now. PFO also makes as ballast for 70 watt HIQ bulbs.

I think PFO makes a 70 watt pendant, look at marinedepot.com

Hope this helps some.

I you want to save money, you can buy parts from here & there. The mounting brackets can be bought for $12 at hellolights.com if you intend on mounting it in a larger enclosure. If you want a stand alone pendant, you can use a regent, or other halogen floodllight fixture for about the same $$$. Look in the DIY forum for an on going long thread on that.

As far as ballasts and bulbs go, hunt around. There is a guy on ebay selling aromat ballasts for $55. this guy is selling a bunch as well...

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=23036

He has bulbs as well, otherwise if you want to get in on AbsoluTc's group buy of 70watt 10,000K ushio bulbs, PM him. That's what I see going on right now.

banman -

What do you think of the 70/150 ic ballast? I talked to andy about it long long long ago when it was just an idea. Haven't gotten my unit yet. If its like all their other items, it should be just as nice. Any pictures?

Thanks

Archived