ReefCleaners.org

No micro bubbles in the morning.

dorito

When the lights come on in the morning on my 35g the water looks very clear there are no micro bubbles and red stringy algae, it looks really clear. As the day progress my maxi-jet 1200 ( soon to replace with a hydor 3) starts spewing micro-bubbles, they get on all the rocks and sticks to the maidan hair and red turf algae also some red stringy algea apears on the turf algae but dissapears in the morn. I just started using RO water about a month ago and just replaced the bulbs on my tek light which I leave on for 5hrs for now, I do a 5g water change every week and feed every 2 to 3 days, my filter is moded into a fuge with chemi-pure, filter floss, purigen and cheato in it, all my parm are normal. So what gives? what causes this and how do I fix it?

clownfish14

well it could be that over night the red turf algae dies and goes away then in the morning it slowly starts growing back which creates bubbles by photosynthisis ( not sure how to spell that ) then when your powerhead turns on it blows the bubbles off the algae and turns them into bubbles that float around.

well it could be that over night the red turf algae dies and goes away then in the morning it slowly starts growing back which creates bubbles by photosynthisis ( not sure how to spell that ) then when your powerhead turns on it blows the bubbles off the algae and turns them into bubbles that float around.

I had the same problem with my aquaclear. Then I realized it was fully submersible and I did just that submersed the entire unit below water line. Then it stopped doing that. somehow it was sucking air in thru the case portion that stuck above the water. I also had to plug the hole in the top of the output nozzle that the air venturi hose attaches to as it would occasionally suck air into that as well.

Archived