SaltCritters.com

Has anyone ever used this companies Metal Halide Lighting?

willmsbrg

This fixture loooks alot like a PFO, not that it is, but I would imagine it to be similar. I would only get HQI or e-ballast. Pulse start is restricting the kinds of bulbs you can use, or may be no advantage. A 175 would be fine, as well allow for a little bit of everything (not to much for shrooms, but bright enough to keep the clams happy). Also keep in mind that if using w/o actinics, bluer bulbs loose intensity, so if insead of a 10,000K, you were to use a 20,000K, you're intensity will prolly be cut in half...and so Im not saying to dismiss the 250 either...it depends...

For more info go here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=23478

Well,

Then I might as well go with this.. ? My thoughts are that as long as I use PFO Ballasts and DE bulbs I can lower or raise the Wattage of the bulb.. and I'm also guessing I can go with 10000k to what 20000k DE on these...if there are such bulbs...

PFO 250W HQI Mini Pendant Complete System* - includes 250W 10000K double ended HQI bulb and PFO 250W HQI ballast with quick disconnect $315.00

Now,

Seems like it is.. based on My hrs of shopping around..sheeesh...

I have no interest in keeping clams.. or hard corals.. mostly softies, zoos, rics and such..

Perhaps a 150 would be better as I could not locate a 175.. for a 20 gallon high I wonder if the 250 would be a burner for anything close to the top...

Archived