Coral Vue Hydros

Aqua-mags..... anyone use them.

NU2REEFIN

I read about these on a local reef forum and ordered some to attach a Monti Cap to the back panel of my bc14. Has anyone else used these, and if so how well do you like them? www.aqua-mags.com

Thanks

acropora1981
I read about these on a local reef forum and ordered some to attach a Monti Cap to the back panel of my bc14. Has anyone else used these, and if so how well do you like them? www.aqua-mags.com

Thanks

I want some, but its not available in canada. So, I use magfloat mini's lol. Check out my tank thread and you can see that I mounted a great big red montipora using a magfloat.

Acro,

Sweet tank and that is exactly the look I am looking for with the Monti. Not available in Canada? PM me your address, I ordered a 3 pack and really only "need" one right now, I would be happy to send you a set to try out and make them available in Canada. :P I should be getting them on Friday.

acropora1981

Thanks for the offer, but I just quit my job...so... Aqua-Mags are at the bottom of my financial world right now lol!

If I get this other job...this sweet sweet other job...that I want really really badly, I'll celebrate with an Aqua-Mag purchase :D

Acro,

I think you misunderstood, send me your address they are on me. I will even pay shipping. Good luck with the new job.

acropora1981
Acro,

I think you misunderstood, send me your address they are on me. I will even pay shipping. Sorry to hear about the job times are tough, hang in there.

Seriously!!!?? Wow man! WOW! I PM'd my address :D

No worries. I get them Friday and will ship out to you Monday and let you know when they leave here.

Little favors bring reef karma!!!!!!!!

Acro,

I think you misunderstood, send me your address they are on me. I will even pay shipping. Good luck with the new job.

Dude! Way to pay it forward. Putting some Karma in the bank and earning interest! Kudos!

Grendel0501

I planned on getting afew of these to help fill the gap between the top of my rocks and the water line , for now i'm using a barnacle mounted to the back wall. :haha:

Would be really nice to have some acro or monti growing off the back/side walls , filling what would normally be unusable space.

I'll probably get afew once I get some corals growing. My tank has only been running afew months.

I use them and I think they're great! Why not use the vertical surfaces for corals? Here's a ftsof my tank. I used the frag mag for the green monti on the right, and I used the mag-rock on the left, where I have the candy cane colony mounted to.

014zi.jpg

The neat thing is I have seen frogspawn, hammer corals and others as well mounted to these. If you run out of live rock to mount your corals, why not use the vertical surfaces in our tanks?

I recieved my aqua mags and decided to mount the Monti and bought a green birdsnest frag and put it on the back panel also. They look really sweet in person, the pictures are not the best.

Acro,

Your set is in the mail, be on the lookout for a yellow bubble envelope and enjoy. :D

post-49421-1272082980_thumb.jpg

post-49421-1272082999_thumb.jpg

acropora1981

sure thing... I wonder what else I should mount? Maybe I'll grab another color of monti cap....purple maybe.

sure thing... I wonder what else I should mount? Maybe I'll grab another color of monti cap....purple maybe.

See post #15! ;)

Archived