Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nitrite

nellups

:mellow: Hi everyone Im new here and need some advice, my tank has been running now for a month 75 litres with 9 kg of live rock, 1 hermit crab 1 snail, two cleaner shrimps and two clowns the clowns went in two days ago, i feed frozen (washed) food which the clowns and shrimps love, my problem - all water tests were fine nitrite 0 nitrate 5 ammonia 0 salenity 1023 temp 25 ph 8 Cal 440 for the last 3,5 weeks. But today i have a reading of nitrites bottom level Nitrate 10 but there is a trace all the rest again are 0 but cal has dropped to 380. Is it because I should not have put any fish in yet? What can I do? shall i do a large water change? hope somone can help
lakshwadeep

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

10 ppm nitrates are fine for a new tank. Nitrates should not get above 25 ppm. Nitrites should be zero, but it's confusing what you meant by "bottom level". It's also confusing what "nitrate 10 but there is a trace" means. Calcium should not be monitored in your tank; 380 ppm is still in the normal range.

There appear to be no problems with your tank; but you should do regular water changes.

Info:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

:welcome: to nano-reef.com

10 ppm nitrates are fine for a new tank. Nitrates should not get above 25 ppm. Nitrites should be zero, but it's confusing what you meant by "bottom level". It's also confusing what "nitrate 10 but there is a trace" means. Calcium should not be monitored in your tank; 380 ppm is still in the normal range.

There appear to be no problems with your tank; but you should do regular water changes.

Info:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.php

thank you for the reply the nitrites are reading 0,1 on a JBL test kit its been like this the last couple of days ammonia 0

Archived