SaltCritters.com

Biocube upgrades

Primeval

On another note, my film comes and goes. Only water changes get rid of it and that only lasts a few days. I'm thinking I need to change out my chemipure in the Media Basket for a better flow all the way though chamber 2 and block up the bottom intake a bit in chamber 1. This is probably the purpose of the false floor that is necessary to remove to fit a heater.

I'm thinking I can cut the Biocube filters in half and use that. We'll see.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the post. Read it all. I plan on getting a BioCube here soon, so its great to read how someone else has set theirs up. I really appreciate the great documentation with the pictures. For some reason I really like unboxing pictures :P

• 2 weeks later...

first post, so i thought it should be a compliment....great set-up and walk through!! I have a BC29 and am always looking at others to get ideas and see what works and what doesnt. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!

• 2 weeks later...
first post, so i thought it should be a compliment....great set-up and walk through!! I have a BC29 and am always looking at others to get ideas and see what works and what doesnt. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics!

Thanks and welcome to Nano Reef

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I lost Achmed the Arabian Pseudo today while I was at work. This comes less than a week after my eclipse cooked and crashed. Man, when it rains it pours.

I tested the water. Nothing concerning with ammonia or nitrates. Temp is good. Not really sure what happened there.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting this tank running again after another small break. I've got a bit of the green stuff going on so I am looking to upgrade the Maxijet from 900 to 1200. Hopefully the additional heat output does not end up problematic.

Archived