Cultivated Reef

New PVC Reef Rack

Dustin11

I used plastic zip ties to attach the rocks to the pvc.

I drilled lots of random holes through the pvc before hand. Then i drilled holes through the live rock one at a time with a 5/16" masonry bit. I went through two masonry bits to build this structure so pick up a few if you're planning on doing the same thing :P

polarblair2000
I used plastic zip ties to attach the rocks to the pvc.

I drilled lots of random holes through the pvc before hand.

Did you thread the zip ties through the holes in the PVC?

Much less structured then that. I just threaded them through wherever was best, sometimes through the pvc sometimes through other zip tie loops, sometimes around the pvc, sometimes through other rocks. I really left it up to the situation at hand for each rock. And so far it has turned out really well :)

Ok, I tried to take some better close up pictures, here's the results. I still have alot way to go to match what I see here on other threads :)

4558051380_7dccd2d3f8_o.jpg

4558051306_7787e428a9_o.jpg

4557420603_94e593591e_o.jpg

4557420631_5b48ec0c41_o.jpg

Now that I'm looking at these pictures I'm realizing how little color many of my corals have. Does anybody know of a good supplement or other methods to increase the colors of corals? Right now they arn't fed anymore then some cyclops and selcon that gets in the water with the rest of the food. Could this be my problem. What's a good general all purpose coral food?

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this and all I can say is WOW!

You did an awesome job. Have you considered using the base for a jawfish? There's a thread about a "jawfish condo" here and your PVC base would be perfect for it. Plus, jawfish tend to be good clean tenants to help take care of any detritus that may fall in his home.

Definately something I'll do on my next tank!

Archived