Pod Your Reef

New RO/DI unit.

Asureef

I just received my first ro/di system from Bulkreefsupply. I purchased their "Plus" 5-stage version. Anyways, I kinda mixed up the blue/black line, instead of using the blue line for the DI input, I used the black. Water output was pretty fast, 5g in under 30mins. Then, I finally read the instructions and figured out I had everything backwards. :o Is anybody else surprised between the RO water output and waste? I feel as if my water bill will probably skyrocket from using this system. <_<

Still cheaper than buying store bought and you save time and money staying out of the lfs. :D Use your waste water to do laundry and water plants.

AZDesertRat

I have calculated my water usage in the summer months with the highest wate rand sewer rates and it still comes out to less than a nickel per gallon for RO/DI. The additional water usage is minimal, say you make 200 gallons of RO/DI in a month, you add 800 gallons of waste so you have used 1,000 gallons. in Phoenix its like $3 for a thousand gallons of water and less than $2 for the sewer charge so an extra $5 a month and most of us don't make 200 gallons of RO/DI a month.

AZDesertRat

Permeate pumps ONLY work with a pressure tank. They use the stored pressure to drive the pump which reduces waste, a good idea for a drinking water system.

Archived