Coral Vue Hydros

pods

Julee

I have been seeing empty copepod or amphipod skins floating around now and then, do they shed their skin like a shrimp or is something eating them, or are they dieing off? Water parameters are good and I have seen some very big ones in there about 1/4 inch long.

Cool, I still get confused about which is which, thanks so much, that means they are growing still...LOL

copepods are pinpoint to pin head sized. Amphipods larger up to 1/2" but more commonly probably 1/16-1/4" in size and often appear as clear and/or blackish wispy shrimpy buggy looking things hahah.

copepods are pinpoint to pin head sized. Amphipods larger up to 1/2" but more commonly probably 1/16-1/4" in size and often appear as clear and/or blackish wispy shrimpy buggy looking things hahah.

They look a lot like a giant flea to me in a creepy kind of way....they have dropped in numbers since my tank has cycled or they are hiding under the base rock I have set down, I don't see them very often anymore. (there is a gap under a flat rock that is placed under the other rock, I have it propped up in the back for a little extra hiding space)

Archived