ReefCleaners.org

Coraline growth?

adreanis

Hi to all,

I have started with SW 3 weeks a go and took over a biocube 29 with LR and few fish. After constant testing here are my stats at 1.025 salinity 81F: dKH 13, Ca 460, Phos 0.5, No3 5.0, No2 0, Amon 0, PH 8.2 (noon testing), dont have Mag test. Using Hinkley purified water (dont have RO water and my budges is gone so far ) I had few No3 and No2 spikes but all is in acceptable parameters based on my research>> (found a dead snail today so perhaps that's why No3 is elevated). I have used daily PH buffer for the past 2 weeks also ions and coral fuel additives biweekly with 25% water change sunday's (using Red Sea Salt)

My question: Why Coraline does not spread or even show signs of growth? I have alot of LR with coraline on it but it seems to fades as far as I can notice. My LR turns "greener" by the day>> is that a sign of ongoing cycling?

Thank you for your info :)

post-52308-1271443563_thumb.jpg

Let the tank stabilize again. Keep your alk and calc right where they are and soon you'll be complaining about having to clean the glass :). Do not use buffer to chase the perfect pH. Use it only to maintain your alk. The pH will take care of itself as long as you maintain your params where they are at. If you keep adding buffer you'll only make your alk go up.. and then some of your calcium will start to precipitate out of the water. Chill out with dosing everything but alk at the moment.. nothing in your tank needs anything more than water changes. You don't have much of anything that would eat away at your calcium that I can see.. so water changes should be enough to keep that up.. but test it anyways and get an additive if needed.

Don't add any more fish to the setup.. you've already got a tank full of mean bastards :).

cheryl jordan

After green comes the purple coraline algae. If you can get a decent sized scraping of coraline at the LFS, this can also help seed your tank. If your CA+, Alk are good and you are doing water changes then the coraline will come, has not failed me yet. :D

Let the tank stabilize again. Keep your alk and calc right where they are and soon you'll be complaining about having to clean the glass :). Do not use buffer to chase the perfect pH. Use it only to maintain your alk. The pH will take care of itself as long as you maintain your params where they are at. If you keep adding buffer you'll only make your alk go up.. and then some of your calcium will start to precipitate out of the water. Chill out with dosing everything but alk at the moment.. nothing in your tank needs anything more than water changes. You don't have much of anything that would eat away at your calcium that I can see.. so water changes should be enough to keep that up.. but test it anyways and get an additive if needed.

Don't add any more fish to the setup.. you've already got a tank full of mean bastards :).

+1 to buffering the pH ! biggest mistake most people make !

Archived