inTank Media Baskets

How many of you can make heads or tails of this?

fishdaddy0831

fishdaddy0831
oh good ! there is lead in my redsea salt. my fish are going to have learning disabilities.

lol

It makes me wounder if there would be a benefit to mixing different salts together.

The article is copyrighted 2004, so I wouldn't pay too much attention. The salt mixes have probably changed quite a bit since then, I know the Instant Ocean has been reformulated at least once in the last 6 years.

fishdaddy0831
The article is copyrighted 2004, so I wouldn't pay too much attention. The salt mixes have probably changed quite a bit since then, I know the Instant Ocean has been reformulated at least once in the last 6 years.

Very good point. I didnt evan think to look at the date.

LebaneseDlight

Woah, my Tropic Marin Pro has the highest amount of Phosphates.... well, I have a brand spanking new bucket at home, so looks like I'll change media in my Phosban reactor!

Woah, my Tropic Marin Pro has the highest amount of Phosphates.... well, I have a brand spanking new bucket at home, so looks like I'll change media in my Phosban reactor!

Yeah I saw that too... they say it's the best to use though. I guess as long as you're running a phosphate remover.. which everyone should be anyways.. you'll be alright. When my SPS browned out I was getting suggestions to have my phosphates tested..Drip tests can read 0 but not provide reading in the 0.01-0.10 range that most acropora respond to. After running media I'm pretty darn sure I can see some color coming back.

interested in the article.. but the sites down or too busy.. hmph.. another reason that even made me go looking for a different salt was that the IO wasn't cuttin it for improving my alk levels.

Archived