Cultivated Reef

** NEW DESIGN BC14 MEDIA BASKET **

inTank

There is more room because the shelves are skinner. As you can see the shelves are laser cut so they have a different flow pattern.

IMG_7769-Direction.jpg

Shouldn't the purigen bag be sitting flat so it gets more flow through the entire bag. As you have it sitting in the photo most of the flow is going to go around the purigen instead of through it. Just a thought as some might use this pic as a reference for placing their media

Flatter the bag the more flow it will block through the shelving. Placement is correct, water is being forced through the media just fine.

The bag is wider than the shelf so this is the correct way to install it. Once the media basket is underwater and water is flowing through it the bag will right itself, most purigen bags float slightly anyway.

Flatter the bag the more flow it will block through the shelving. Placement is correct, water is being forced through the media just fine.

I have used purigen for years and I guess I just don't see that in the picture. I always put my purigen flat on a shelf and force all the water through the bag.

But no worries as it is a fine looking media basket as it stands and one can choose how they place their media once they get the basket.

I'm going to go buy a BC14 just so I can get one of these media baskets.

hey Stevie... does inTank do inCustom stuff at all?

I'm going to go buy a BC14 just so I can get one of these media baskets.

hey Stevie... does inTank do inCustom stuff at all?

sorry..

custom.jpg

Make one with a fourth shelf for those who want to run with rowaphos, puirgen , chemi elite and floss.

There isn't much room for a 4th shelf. Why not put rowaphos on the second or third shelf with the other media?

I have used purigen for years and I guess I just don't see that in the picture. I always put my purigen flat on a shelf and force all the water through the bag.

I am guessing your shelf was wider than 1.7 inches

So this "upgraded" media rack would fix the fact that I have to stuff a half unit of Chemi-pure to get it to fit on the second shelf of my old media rack?

Whats the price for these....same as the old ones.. you should do a discount if we send in the older ones I def. would do that...

Whats the price for these....same as the old ones.. you should do a discount if we send in the older ones I def. would do that...

www.mediabaskets.com

What are we going to do with an old media basket? You can sell your older basket here and upgrade to the new one, you would get much more money out of it here.

Yep, there is more room on the second shelf compared to the old one.

The new laser cut shelves are skinnier and there is no bracket system so yes more room! This is our third version of the BC14 media basket, so it all depends on your shelf design comparison.

how much do the new ones run for? Would you consider discount for those who have older one?

www.mediabaskets.com

No we can not do that. You can sell your older basket here and upgrade to the new one, you would get much more money out of it here.

• 1 month later...

Archived