ReefCleaners.org

how much would you pay for this?

houston

how much would you pay for this? and is it a good setup?(i don't own this)

60 Gallon Custom Acrylic Cube Tank * Moore Stand and Canopy w/beautiful Cherry finish * Fluval canister 404 filter * CPR Bakpac Reef Ready protein skimmer * Ebo Jabber Heater * Hamilton lighting Excellent for reef tanks * :rolleyes:

Well, I like to look how much all of it would be new.

The tank is probably about $75-$100, the stand about $100, the canopy about $75, the lighting...I don't know...maybe $200+? The protein skimmer about $200, and the heater about $20.

That comes to about $700. Of course that's REAL rough pricing. I also don't know if it includes any livestock, sand, or rock.

Since you're paying $665 for it (including shipping), it may not be that much of a steal. If I've mis-priced something...then that might matter.

I would think that you'd be able to piece your OWN system together from your LFS...using that extra money to get livestock later on. I don't know.

Just my opinion.

no livestock included, thats an extra $160

Approx 40-50 lbs live Fiji Rock * 1 Anemone * 1 Cardinal * 1 Canary Blenny * 1 Spotted Hawk * 1 Tomato Clown * 1 Coral Beauty * 1 Yellow Tang * a few snails * a few reef hermits * 2 Featherdusters * 3 Green Chromis * 1 Blue Devil Damsel * 2 Domino Damsels * 1 Sand Star

the guy said the tank w/out the livestock cost him 1300

he is lying! you can piece your own within $800...i just bought a new 55 gallon with built in overflow, a oak canopy with 2 NO lights 1Xactinic blue, 1 x 10K and oak stand...FOR A WHAPPING $80 shipped to my house!

all i need is spend about $40 at home depot to buy material for the custom sump and on ebay for some water return pumps for $30 (999gph, Rio 1700) and 3-4 powerheads ($50-60) LR and LS

Beautiful gulf LR for $195 40lbs..Ls $50 ...and some tubings..

that is all for about $400 setup!

if i want to upgrade to 2 x 175W MH..then it would probably be around $200..

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by houston

the guy said the tank w/out the livestock cost him 1300

Like anthony said... LIAR!! Either that or he wasn't thinking when he decided to purchase that stuff for 1300 bucks!!

What you are paying for is the fact that the aquarium he is selling is not a standard size aquarium. It is a cube so it would be concidered a specialty size. Correct me if im wrong here.

Next on top of that the tank is acrylic, and as we all know acrylic is much more expensive compared to glass for the typical aquariums in households. Not sure how much they are though, perhaps somebody can get you an estimate. Figure should be few hundred.

The stand and canopy depends on the type of wood. These two price wise vary quite largely. I did a search on moores and found that canopy and stand can range anywhere from $200 - 400. If were talking about laminate/oak/maple can get to around $600

http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic...=MC&offset=540#

The fluval is $100, the bakpak II skimmer is 140-200 i guess depending where he got it.. local or mo. etc.

And the lighting cant give you any kind of estimate cause dont have any specific information on which hamilton lighting it is.

It'd be a safe estimate that this would be probably another 150 easily. Since hamiltons 2x55w retro already costs that much w/o bulbs, or if its just a the NO light setup it costs about 100 w/o bulbs.

Hope this gives you a rough estimate of what things are worth. Gotta take into concideration that i took most of these prices off MO websites, so if he got them locally there could be significant differences.

Very nice looking furniture grade canopy and stand. like tosi said, probably a very expensive setup. only problem that i have is that in the ebay pics, you can see seams in the corners. if i paid that much for an acrylic tank, i think i would want seamless, which most is. just my .02

brady

Archived