Coral Vue Hydros

Spleen's 15 gallon nano

spleenman

Thanks! I love when he tries to scare me away by puffing up his gills and opening his mouth. Yeah, little guy, that more than makes up for the size difference between us! Now, I'm scared...

Heh

The Yellow Clown is still my favourite, though. Now that's a fish with personality. He tried to follow the YWG and pistol shrimp into their burrow once, but came flying out pretty quickly! Got the end of one of his fins nipped off, though, sadly.

Looks good! Keep feeding that candy cane mysis and it should grow rather quickly. Mine also loves the mysis and has gon from 2 heads to 11 in 7 months.

And I just found my first Stomatella! Weee...

it's about 3/4" total length, maybe 3/8" shell. I hope there's another one in there so they can reproduce.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Love the tank 15 gallons is a nice size.

Thanks!

Yeah, it really is a great size. Looks very good in the room, not so large as to be flashy. Everyone who comes over loves looking inside, and is truly shocked at how much is going on inside.

I would like to get a larger tank going as well, just because of some of the limitations on what you can keep in such a small tank as this. I'd like to have some Angelfish and some tangs and triggerfish as well, but they all want a bit more space than I ahve to offer here!

Here's a recent FTS, taken August 26th. In it you can sort of seee my latest fish, a black Saddleback Clown. I'm veyr happy with how she looks, but she really just swims up and down all day and never stops moving. I tried to get some pictures of her, but they never turn out properly.

She eats insane amounts of food as well. Far more than the Yellow Watchman Goby and Yellow Clown Goby put together. I guess it takes a lot of energy to be that hyperactive!

post-50892-1284229059_thumb.jpg

Since this photo, I've added a small cleaner shrimp, a few different mushrooms and a few zoanthids as well.

And here's a picture I really liked of my Yellow Watchman and Tiger Pistol Shrimp hanging out.

Even the Pistol Shrimp has learned about feeding time, and comes out and stands up on his hind legs when he's hungry!

post-50892-1284229795_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hows the tank comming along? It looks great from what I can see, I like the scaping. This is a great pic..also just wondering do the gobies fight at all?

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=84170.jpg

It's going well! Thanks for the compliments! I've added a cleaner shrimp and think I'm pretty much full up on livestock at the moment. Found my first Colonista snail too!

The gobies don't fight at all. When the Watchman was new, the Yellow Clown Goby would sometimes try to investigate the burrow and get chased off pretty aggresively, but since he stopped trying to go inside, things have been good!

YCG is still my favourite, though! Pistol shrimp is a close second, then the clown.

Archived