Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Instant Ocean reef accelerator

recreationguru

recreationguru

Anyone use IO reef accelerator? I saw some at my LFS. It says that it is an all in one supplement with calcium and essential elements. Its not very expensive either. Just wondering who has used it and what your results are.

Amphiprion1

I haven't used it, but I can take a stab at it based upon the product description, as well as weighing the claims against similar-sounding products. My estimation is that it is yet another calcium carbonate based product, similar to Purple-Up, Liquid Reactor, etc. These are best avoided for a number of reasons, most of all due to the extraordinarily small solubility of calcium carbonate in seawater. I can understand the company's intentions of keeping ingredients proprietary, but that doesn't really help their position as much as they may think. I don't know about you, but I don't like companies trying to keep me ignorant of what is in their product. My advice: stick to the tried and true methods, like the exceptionally easy 2 part additives out there, kalkwasser, calcium reactors, etc. The former of the three will probably be your best bet in terms of convenience and ease of use.

Archived