Coral Vue Hydros

lime water

geewiz

on my big tank i used lime water for my ato. is this a common practice with nanos? should i use it or should i ebay my reactor for extra cash?

lakshwadeep

Yes, some people use lime water (you'll see most people referring to kalkwasser or "kalk"). Instead of a reactor, you could use some type of pickling lime; Mrs. Wages is a common brand.

Yes, some people use lime water (you'll see most people referring to kalkwasser or "kalk"). Instead of a reactor, you could use some type of pickling lime; Mrs. Wages is a common brand.

yeah i have a lime water reactor that i use mrs wages in for my 90g and is needed with the 90. but i no longer have the 90 setup, i tore it down. so now i have a lime water reactor (precision marine to be exact) that I'm not using and i was thinking of selling it because after reading many of the nano posts and monthly reef profiles I'm not really seeing where anyone is using lime water. which is fine with me its one more piece of equipment that i can sell if not needed. see i have a 12vdc valved low pressure ato that i can run through the reactor before reaching the tank.

so are most people using lime water or kalk or kalkwasser in nanos or are most negating because of the lack of need?

maybe i should add a poll?

yeah i have a lime water reactor that i use mrs wages in for my 90g and is needed with the 90. but i no longer have the 90 setup, i tore it down. so now i have a lime water reactor (precision marine to be exact) that I'm not using and i was thinking of selling it because after reading many of the nano posts and monthly reef profiles I'm not really seeing where anyone is using lime water. which is fine with me its one more piece of equipment that i can sell if not needed. see i have a 12vdc valved low pressure ato that i can run through the reactor before reaching the tank.

so are most people using lime water or kalk or kalkwasser in nanos or are most negating because of the lack of need?

maybe i should add a poll?

I dose 2-part for my PICO tank. The large tank usually gets kalkwasser in the RO for topoff. (I say usually because I have been slacking big time on that tank lately). When I am on top of it, Coralline growth is good. Lately not so much though...

I use a 5 gallon bucket with a pump in it for my auto top off. I just add the kalk powder (be in store bought or mrs wages or balls etc) to a 1 gallon jug of RO/DI, shake, wait an hour, then pour in the bucket.

Archived