Cultivated Reef

Helping an injured coral?

lizbeth

Anthony and I did some trading last week on Thurs. You remember his post about his bubble coral going on a stinging spree? He gave me the purple torch that had been stung.

It originally had 4-5 heads on it, 2-3 (not sure) had died very soon after the stinging. When I got it two were still looking ok. Now we are down to one head, the others slimed away during the darkness of night a few days ago.The one remaining was looking very sad yesterday morning but fluffed back up during the day. Last night I left on a 15 watt no all night and today it seems about like it did yesterday.

I've been checking water parameters daily and everything is fine. I'm keepinfg the temp at 80-82. All the other corals in the tank seem fine. Is there anything else I can do to help it?

i think im gunna cry...T_T

i really wish someone can help that little thing...its so rare for me to find a purple torch...

Lizbeth, thank you so much for takign care of it for me.. ^^

do a water change. get the dead polution from the other heads out of the water. DONT FEED IT. it needs to conserve energy and repair tissues. Strontinum is important. Just do a water change.

best of luck..... If it does die, I have 3 torches..... are the tenticles purple with green tips or green with purple tips? lemme know Im about ready to frag it.:confused:

I did get the dead heads out of the tank as soon as I saw they were going. I' did a small water change on Sat. I'll do another today. The only strontium I have is in Seachem Reef Complete. The calcuim is running at 375. I was going to try the Ref Complete to bring it up but haven't tried it yet. Those chemicals scare me! :eek:

It's purple with white tips. Here's a picture I just took of what's left of the poor thing.

yeah I have that variant, but with green tips. Look at the base where the head mates to the skeleton, can U see any recession up and over the teeth? If u se any really white patches, uts likely a gonner too,,,,.... sorweee....:(

Archived