Top Shelf Aquatics

Salifert Test kits

Chyendra

alright, I'll i hear is "hands down" they're the best. :)

Question is, who's found the best deal on-line? (my LFS doesn't carry them) Just thinking basic amm, trite, trate and ph setup

lets see.... marinedepot.com has a "cycle package" for $45..... probably doesn't get better then that for Salifert does it....

Are there better deals out there?

yes but what are you trying to test for. i hardly ever use my nitrite , and ammonia kits at all.... copper, your reef would be dead so why test for that all the time:P I am using , Sr , Ca , dKH , PH , Phosphate ( for my makeup and WC water ) and Magnesium, If i start having unexplained probs, but these are more geared towards SPS condition testing. Aquarium pharmaceuticals has a PH , Ammonia , nitrite, and nitrate kit at most LFS for 20$, well worth it there, since once the tank is stable, those tests aren't performed as often. HTH.

I'm pretty much just looking for a cycle kit, since my tank isn't set up yet. My LFS has that test kit, but I want to make sure my results are accurate. Would this test kit work fine just for cycleing? and i could buy the salifert later on when i start doseing kalk and the such?

I also used the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals kit to cycle the tank. Accurate enough to let you know your Nitrate, Nitrite, and Ammonia. After the cycle and when I wanted to add corals I got the Salifert Calcium, Alk, and Magnesium kits. They are great kits, confusing at first but very accurate.

B)

Reefer_Buddha

if you have a lfs close just take your water there and have it tested during the cycle. Then just use extra money for salifert after its cycled. Ammonia and nitrite shouldnt even be there after cycle so why buy those kits.

Archived