Chirodoc

Eclipse System 12

75W Ebo Jager heater - Thermostat is about 4 degrees off

Mini-jet 606 pump

3" live sand

23 lbs Fiji live rock

Still waiting on clean-up crew & Supernova fixture

NaNO ReeFiN

Nice looking set up you have so far. You might have a little difficulty cleaning and adding new additions to the tank with it being under your cabinet.. (I've got one of these tanks to... 6 gal. though)

nice setup chirodoc. i like the rock work. jsut be careful while cleaning not to scratch the acrylic.

Looks good. I've got the same tank with the supernova. I'm very happy with it.

How are you going to open it, though? Those things are not easy to slide when they're full. These tanks look really nice on a black stand. I got mine for $50 new.

Also, it looks like you've got the same green coralline that I've got on your rocks. I have spots of mostly green with some pink all over my back glass.

Good luck with it. Looks like you're off to a good start.

Thanks for all the replies. The tank actally slides out pretty easily without any swishing around. I guess it's because of how slick the marble is. I was going to get a stand for it, but I figured I would see if it would fit there first. I have to push down on the hood a little to get it to not scrape, but because the trim on the cabinet hangs down further than the actual bottom, there is room to stash the wires and power strip on top of the hood in the rear without seeing them, once it's in place. It worked out very nicely.

The rock was $7 per pund at my LFS or $6 if you bought at least 20 lbs, so that's why I have so much.

There IS plenty of space to put some corals and that's why I picked that rock and set it up that way, but now I'm worried about getting enough light in there.

Believe me, I was VERY nervous and careful about not scratching the acrylic. I'm even a little leary about the acrylic mag-float, but it says its made for acrylic, so we'll see. :D

NaNO ReeFiN

There is some info on the Supernova that Chris sales at the nano-reef store on this site if you haven't already checked it out...

hey where do you live? the lfs near me does the exact same thing with the live rock, i work there. i know this is probably a stupid question considering there are prolly a billion lfs's but humor me.

Nice clean looking setup-no wires/stuff going in and out of tank etc--looks pretty cool.

Gonna look pretty nice once its all coraled (such a word hehehe) up and matured.

Good luck.

I bought the Supernova from here. I couldn't find any info about it on the CSL website. It's basically the 32W smartlite with a rubberized endcap.

The store I bought my live rock at is "Moby Dick's" in Waterford, MI.

I can't remember the brand of the mag-float, but I bought it from the Petwarehouse catalog. You can get them for either glass or acrylic. The back of the acrylic-safe one looks like it has hooks like on the back of velcro. It works pretty well and no scratches so far. The website is www.petwarehouse.com and you can do a search for it.

:cool:

Update: I just checked out the petwarehouse website and I believe that "Mag-float" is the actual brand. I threw out the packaging so I'm not certain. The other thing is that they do make a small acrylic-safe version (it was listed on the back of the package) but Petwarehouse only carries the med & large, so you might want to find another place to get it.;)

I actually live in the Wixom area but I have ventured out to Moby Dick's in Waterford and Aquatic Discoveries (aquaticdiscoveries.com) in Sterling Heights. Aquatic Discoveries is pretty nice, but a bit pricey. They have a ton of corals. I don't know how far that is from you though. You have to be at least an hour from me. Good Luck!!

Yeah, thats a good store, but unless you belong to their pet club, I think it costs too much. We go to Kee's in Utica (or shelby township?)

Also, if you're ever near Lansing, go to Preuss Animal House. They have tons of corals.

What is Moby Dick's like? Do they have a good selection, and are they healthy?

Moby Dick's is pretty nasty inside. It looks more like a flea market than a pet store. It's really dirty and the tanks have algae growing all over the place. However, they had a bunch of really nice LR. That's where I got mine from. I wouldn't go back there for anything else, though.

I did sign up for the Fish Club at Aquatic Discoveries. I bought some stuff for $100 and by signing up for the membership at the same time, I got 10% off, which made up for $10 membership fee.

I've also been meaning to check out Oceans & Seas in Roseville and Captive Reef in Garden City. Ever hear of them?

What's Kee's like? That's pretty much a straight shot down 696 from me. I could probably make it in under an hour. I'm still not used to this yet. It seems like no matter where I want to go in MI, it always takes an hour - whether it's one town over or 8.??? Where I grew up, if it took you longer than 15 minutes to get somewhere, it was too far.

I'm Korbin's brother. I lived in Shelby Twp until last weekend. I have an apartment within walking distance of Aquatic Discoveries now. I'll have to check out this Oceans & Seas place. Where exactly is it in roseville?

Kee's is a good place to check out. That's where I bought most of my corals. It's not huge, but they have healthy stuff and the prices are really good. They also have a discount club.

After you get the tank going, we should trade some frags. I've got a nice xenia that grows like mad and some zoanthids that I can frag easily.

Oceans & Seas is at 26085 Gratiot Avenue. Here's the number:

(810) 778-2223. I haven't gone yet, so let me know how it is if you wind up going. I would love to trade frags with you - it just might be a while though. My tank is still just LR. :)

Archived