SaltCritters.com

Bad but Good---

leaky

Well I went up to the cottage last weekend for a few days. all lights were on a timer. One thing I forgot to time was the small fan beside my tank. bad mistake, or was it. I got home and the temperature was 93... I litterally freaked out, my frogspawn was shrivelled up and looked just about dead, my ricorda mushroom was the same and had a hole right in the middle of it, my finger leather was all but dead, and I had a green sandbed algae bloom... the xenia and gsp were ok. I almost cried. Anyways, I left everything there the way it was... did a water change and turned the fan on and waited a few days to see what happened. The Frogspawn came back to life, fully, It dripped some of its... umm ...polyps? on the sandbed which I put in my sump on tiny rocks in hope they will grow(can this happen?)... the ricorda mushroom is back to life now also, but it has split into three and is growing great... everything is good and the algae is gone and I have 2 more mushrooms, and maybe more frogspawn if they will grow, and I also fragged the finger leather, and gsp..... what a rollercoaster ride.... oh my clown, shrimp, snails and crabs all survived....

NaNO ReeFiN

Glad to hear everything came out okay. With the stories you guys posts when you come back from a trip, I'm afraid to leave my nano alone for a couple of days...

My only issue when I leave town is the damned evaporation. I am working on close to a gallon a weekend and I have started moving things around to try and lower the location of the livestock. As for the heat, I will say it yet again, the micro-chiller or the icebprobe is awesome. It works like a charm. My apartment is so hot that I actually have to put the a/c on in the winter. With the micro-chiller, my temp has remained constant thruought the heatwaves we've had.

NaNO ReeFiN

With the stories you guys posts when you come back from a trip, I'm afraid to leave my nano alone for a couple of days...

HAHAHAHA :D

Anyway, glad to hear that your things didnt turn into absolute disaster.

I guess this is part of the learning experiance. Hehehe, I bet it taught you that its better to leave things (fan) on a timer huh?

NaNO ReeFiN

I'll get one of you guys to come over and take care of my nano... :) I would never leave my nano up to luck when I'm gone...

i travel to the east coast for a week almost every other month..now i am afraid to go...haahahaha..all the stories scares me and i DON"T have any friends that understand about fish that will take care it for me.T_T

One other thing... I hooked up my sump right before my trip... man you guys should see it now... its awsome tones of feather and grape caleurpa.. tonnes of bugs and worms.... man i'm pumped.....

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by Sahin

NaNO ReeFiN: Yeah pay me the airline ticket, and I'll come over to take care of your tank anyday! :D

Haha, I think I'd have to pick someone that's in my general area... or at least someone in this country... lol! :P

Christopher Marks

It's suprizing how durable nano reefs can be LOL. Back when I first set up my nano reef, my Visi Therm heater broke and never turned off, the tank hit 92 before I realized there was a problem. However, nothing died or was damaged from it.

Archived