Cultivated Reef

My 12g Eclipse

Julee

Update: One lone Blue legged hermit left. The Blenny took a dive out of the 10g when I switched everything over. Very tiny gap in the cover I made, he managed to find it. :(

I have since changed back to the 12g and this is it a couple weeks ago.

post-51934-1311966660_thumb.jpg

Here are the newest additions, I have also added a couple more pieces of LR and took out a couple corals for a 20g I started. I will post more pictures as I take them.

post-51934-1311965992_thumb.jpg

Here is some type of algae growing on my rockwork kinda cool looking, not the best picture.

post-51934-1311966161_thumb.jpg

And here is Mr. Hermit that decided to take over my Naussarius snail...since got a new smaller snail.

post-51934-1311966512_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I added a peppermint shrimp but he didn't make it. I might not have acclimated him long enough, I thought I did but he was really really small.

Also a picture of this crazy hermit laying upside down eating a piece of frozen goodies.

post-51934-1312587582_thumb.jpg

post-51934-1312587718_thumb.jpg

I have had this blue-legged hermit for a while now, I think he is King of his castle because I added a scarlet hermit from my 20g and he attacked it, I couldn't get them separated. :( I feel really bad for that other hermit. Now I know.

Quick update: Good news, the Scarlet Hermit is okay, has all extremities, so whatever the Blue was doing, he didn't murder him after all like I thought he was trying to do. :D

animalmaster6
I was doing a water change the other day and noticed something floating in the water..to my surprise there were 3-4 small jellyfish swimming in the water column! I took a
although its pretty crappy because they were extremely tiny. A couple of my fish tried to eat them but were immediately stung and spit them out :lol: It never ceases to amazes me the life that manages to survive in our live rock....

Glad to hear about the hermits :happy:

Have either of you ever thought about taking off the black rim at the top of the Eclipse 12 and using a hanging light? I am about to turn my E12 into a saltwater tank....and am thinking of doing this.

Actually no I hadn't thought about that. I had a screen over it with a standard pc fixture over it for a while but I got so much evaporation I put it back on. I now have a pump to make an ato so it doesn't sound like a bad idea really.

Updated FTS and changes in my clowns. They are getting black on their tails, I bought them as Ocellaris, but was told they are Clarkii's. The black on the tail is throwing me a little. LOL

I got some macros from keydiver and added 2 of them to the 12, not sure what the name of them are, the red and the dark, dark, green inside a rock on the left side of the tank.

post-51934-1313289491_thumb.jpg

post-51934-1313289514_thumb.jpg

post-51934-1313289524_thumb.jpg

Archived