SaltCritters.com

Clowns and their cousins???

tashana

depending on the size, it shouldn't be a problem at all. clowns can be territorial and will chase any fish away from their area, not just other clowns. That said, in the 180 we had 15 clowns (5 varieties) at one time and a ton of other fish. no real issues.

Some clown species can get pretty big and they not only take offense to other fish moving into their area, they will also take offense to any new corals decorating their home. I have seen large tomato clowns pick up rocks and small corals (elegance once - hysterical) and dump them away from their home.

i concur.

take it easy.

how long was the tank set up?

why was there still an ammonia reading 2 days ago?

where are your nitrites? it's possible if you still had ammonia 2 days ago that your nitrites are spiking now. get some flake food and crush it up a bit in your hands so your fish can have a more balanced diet. do you live near p. sherman?

hey guys thanks for the advice.

i live in Australia.

I have had the tank running now for a couple of months. so it is not in the cycling stage. first i added my clown and then waited a couple of weeks (i think 3 and a bit) to add my coral beauty who i only had for a fortnight.

we had just begun crushing up the pellets when he departed. :-(

i think it might just have been too hot for him, and that combined with not a balanced die was obviously enough to kill him.

but i have learnt a valuable lesson.

and am going to do a fair bit of research before adding another fish.

being student i cant afford too many casualties. that really sounds cold hearted, but it is the truth. besides i dont like the heartache of losing one of my little friends.

thanks heaps for your advice

Archived