Coral Vue Hydros

Prodibio's Reef Booster

disaster999

disaster999

this is going to be a preview on the reef booster from Prodibio. i bought 8 ampoules to try out on my 100gal system.

reefbooster.jpg

probably no one here is familar with this product if you own a nano tank. but its similar to brightwell's coralamino and other products which offers nutrients for filter feeders and SPS. the contents includes:

Phospholipide, Aminosäuren, meerestypische Fettsäuren, Vitamine, Carotenoide.

Phospholipids, amino acids, omega-3 marine fatty acids, vitamins, carotenoids...

one ampoule treats around 400L or 100gals of water which is perfect for me and i only need to feed once a week. just simply break off the ends of the ampoule and premix it with water before adding it into the tank. turn off all filter and skimmer and let it sit in the tank for 15 mins and turn everything back on. most people suggested dosing after lights out and turn the skimmer back on in the morning.each ampoule is a little more than a dollar so for 8 bucks it will last me 8 weeks.

i used to use brightwell's coralamino in my tank, but i dont see any significant results and it gets quite expensive to use all the time. a little bottle only lasts me 2 weeks.

ive read numerous reviews on the product and most of the review seems positive. i will keep this thread up to date to report on my findings and changes within my tank. stay tuned

disaster999

here are my first impressions after the first use. when i tried to use it, i was having a bit of trouble figuring out to get the content out of the glass amp. i remembered watching tv where people put a score line with a file and it just breaks it in half. i tried that but it was a lot harder than it looked online. went online searching, but cant find any info on how to break open on of these. i gave up and just snapped the ends off the amp. it was easier than i thought.

looking at the content i can tell is really rich. it instantly turned the water i mixed it in a cream color and i cant see through it. it smelled really "fat" as well, lots of fishy smell in it, its like a mixture of oyster eggs and amino acids and some fish food. i mixed it with some RO water, making sure i get ever last drop out of the amp and dumped it in my tank. turning off the skimmer but leaving the return pump on. it clouded my tank instantly and it stayed that way even after an hour. i cant believe a small amp is able to cloud my tank like that. i let it be overnight and woke up to crystal clean water.

i dont notice any unusually long polyp extension (probably my SPS are extending like crazy already at night). the filter eaters on my SPS seems to be more active than usual filtering the water quite fast. one thing i did notice tho my acan, mushroom, GSP and dendro didnt seem to react to the stuff. when i feed my tank oyster eggs, my mushroom will close up instantly, acan will have its feelers extended, GSP will bunch up. but they dont seem to react at all to reef booster.

havent seen the tank with the lights back on, i will tonight so ill give another small update on it.

• 1 month later...
disaster999

8 amps later, 2 months into the dose and i cant really say i noticed a huge difference. there wasnt a significant growth in most of my my SPS, especially for my sps frags. the ONLY sps thats growing like weeds is my monti. i have them all around my tank since they grow so fast and frag really easily and they are constantly branching out. my acro and birdsnest have some growth, but im not sure if its the reefbooster thats promoting growth, or its own natural growth. the 5 sps frags around my tank didnt really grow at all much. the flesh around their base is expanding somewhat, but overall didnt really see much growth from then. the only thing consistent for all my sps is that their polyps are always fully extended.

aside from my SPS, my frog spawn is still growing. its getting really big to the point where i think i will have to frag it inorder for it not to disturb other corals in the tank. my torch coral also grew a lot since i got it. toad stool is growing nicely. i bought a gonioporas after i started the dose and its alive and well. i was expecting it die, but its doing very well. its polyp is always extended. the flesh is really plump and love the way the polyps moves with the water current.

some of the zoas are growing, and some are not, it could be just different kind of zoas have different growth rates.

all in all, im pleased with the product. although i dont see it do much for my sps interms of growth or color, i dont see it do any harm to my system either. im treating this as a source of food for all my corals. i just bought a box of 30 amps which will last me 7.5 months. ill take some pictures later today to show the before and after dosing reefbooster.

fishez4alivin

This product works best IMO, if you are carbon dosing, and have ULNS. It will bring more color to the pastel shades you get when you reach ULNS. And it's good for growing cyano, if your tank isn't ready for it....

disaster999

some before and after pics

march 28

DSC_3831.JPG

today

DSC_4145.JPG

april 26

DSC_3994.JPG

today

DSC_4154.JPG

march 17

DSC_3804.jpg

april 15

DSC_3917.JPG

today

DSC_4146.JPG

DSC_4158.JPG

march 28

DSC_3830.JPG

today

DSC_4144.JPG

This product works best IMO, if you are carbon dosing, and have ULNS. It will bring more color to the pastel shades you get when you reach ULNS. And it's good for growing cyano, if your tank isn't ready for it....

im not dosing any vodka or running a ULNS system. although i kind of want to...looking into trying it myself. since im using prodibio products i want to keep using their system and its the cheapest, but havent really found anything info on it.

• 1 year later...

I really see a difference in your corals. Just look at your polp extensions. And your colors are way more vibrant than before. I was looking for reviews of this stuff to see if it is worth buying and your pics convinced me. Thats after one month after a few more of use I expect growth to really kick in.

Archived