Top Shelf Aquatics

Gone to a better place?

tashana

I started a post yesterday regarding my fish appearing pale. Then later on they appeared fine. However i awoke this morning to find my coral beauty sadly sleeping on the bottom of the tank. sleeping for what i assume is a long time seeing as he is now in a 'better place'. :(

This is my first casualty and i am pretty sure that it will not be my last, as i am just beggining. But I am writing this to ask anyones opinion as to what might have been the cause of my little friends death.

I checked all of the conditions in the tank and they were all fine. Ammonia was at 0. Ph was a little high but far from being dangerous.

they had not been overfed. Although the coral beauty had been living on a diet of only frozen brine shrimp, as he could not fit the dried food in his mouth and we had not yet purchased a new variety.

on the other forum someone mentioned something about an nutrient deficientcy? would this be a possible cause of death?

please let me know your opinions. i am still learning and would greatly like to reduce the chance of this happening to my remaining fish.

Thankyou so much. :(

cannot remember, but it was not even a whole level higher. if you know what i mean by that? it was pretty much the perfect level just a tiny bit higher. still in the 'safe' range

sorry im not at home to look at the test kit levels (numbers).

tashana, just the other day you were mentioning that both the clown and coral beauty had white patches covering thier faces. My guess is whatever your fish had, it died from. Keep an eye on the clown. And don't put anymore fish in there until you find out what is wrong with either your tank or if the fish is sick.

Archived