ReefCleaners.org

New Nano Design

Steve

Here is my idea, please let me know what you think.

Elcipse 3 tank

Light and filter system removed to make room for two Bookworms

Corner over flow box - to hold pre-filter, heater, float valve for auto top off, and a power head connected to a power strip that runs ac crossed the bottom of the tank.

1. Water runs over one portion of the box through a pre-filter and into the box

2. Water is heated

3. Water level is checked with float valve

4. Power head Pushes water through a bulkhead ftng connected to the over-flow box and then out the power strip.

Will this work?

Should I be using a pre-filter?

Thanks!

Steve-Corner over flow box

I'm not sure I agree with you............

Explanation:

1.) Water flows over the over-flow box.

Note: Normally the water in the over-flow box goes down to a sump, this is not the case in the design. The water flows into the box and is pushed back into the tank with a power head that is located at the bottom of the over-flow box. So, the water in the over-flow box is sucked into the pump and is then pushed through a bulkhead in the over-flow box and back into the tank.

2.) The water level will rise until it runs over the over-flows box.

With the water being pushed into the tank and then sucked down into the over-flow box and pushed out again, I feel the water level will stay at a constant level in the tank (the point at which the water overflows into the box)

The water evaporation will take place in the over-flow box. I designed it this way so that the float valve would be triggered at more frequent intervals, due to the smaller volume of water in the box vs. the tank. This will help with the salinity fluctuations.

I pretty sure I'm right.................

What do you think?

Thanks

Steve-:*(

Archived