• seachem Reef Salt
    • oceanic

so which do you think is better?

H2Ocean+ salt

Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine Salt Mix

seachem Reef Salt

oceanic

automatik_33

I have also been reading reviews on a couple salt mixes before i get my tank setup. Does anyone have the same consistency with a certain type or brand of salt mix?

If I would buy one of the "celebrity" salts, I would get ESV's four part mix.

can you go into the "celebrity" part. if there just marketing then that would be use full to know.

currently use oceanic but the buckets finally starting to run low.

lakshwadeep
why?

Because their B-ionic two part dosing system is reliable and seems to have an interesting method of avoiding clumping because of moisture.

By celebrity, I mean those mixes that are kind of like brands of bottled water: inevitably they all have to be very close (but not exactly equal) to NSW values in order to be reliable. Their differences can be difficult to determine and probably vary between batches and even in the makers' formulations. I personally have stuck with Instant Ocean, and later Reef Crystals, mainly because of its widespread usage.

By the numbers i see posted i would say H2Ocean. I used Neomarine for a few months and wasnt happy with the low calcium and magnesium. (CA 390, MG 1200, ALK 8.6).

I just switched back to reef crystals (CA 450, MG 1250, ALK 10).

A downside to neomarine was it left a nasty precipitation in the bucket. It looked like fine sand every time i mixed in the bucket.

Archived