Cultivated Reef

Fuge On Minbow

ninhsavestheday

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am not sure it is possible to have too big a fuge. this is my home made 'wrap around fuge;

and yes ninhsavestheday those are your rics

nalbar

ninhsavestheday

thats crazy nalbar! i like!

i got my fuge setup and its working hard! thanks reefer_buddha for building it! Anybody needs a fuge and dont want to pay the outrageous CPR price pm reefer_buddha and you wont be dissapointed.

Heres pictures of my current setup. I had to move all my LR around to make room for the PH and pipes. i miss my old aquascape.

Reefer_Buddha

depends on the size, i make all sizes. For the normal 12x6x5 its $35 + shipping. Im thinking about throwing in a powerhead + jalli light package soon too. Of course that would be a little extra but its worth it rather than paying multiple shipping charges on different sites.

Hey Reefer,

Tried to pm you but your box is full:) I was looking at getting a fuge for my ten gallon tall from you. Are you doing the light, ph, and fuge deal yet?

Danielle

Reefer_Buddha

ugh my pm box is always full, let me clean it out. I have the powerheads right now but havent gotten the jalli lights yet. Pm me again and let me know what you need.

ninhsavestheday,

it looks like your fuge is the only filtration you have other than the LR and LS in your tank, it that right? I am thinking about putting one on a 10 gallon w/o any other mechanical fltration.

ninhsavestheday

you got that right cookieman.

LR/LS = convert ammonia to nitrate

FUGE = CONSUME the nitrate

the fuge also provides food for my fish. :)

Thanks for the info, I think I am going to get a 12" fuge for my 10 gallon, then add a small penguis that I have laying around (100 gph) and then get a small powerhead for more circulation.

In one of your replies to this thread you talked about getting a light from Pep Boys for the fuge, what type of light did you get?

ninhsavestheday

cookie, ask reefer_buddha to build you a fuge. you might need a little more flow through the 12" fuge. the lights that i got at pep boys were 13 watts 6500k.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if you could put a preskimmer inline with it? Just so that some of the organics are removed before they go nitrite-nitrate and are picked up by the macroalgae in the fuge.

depends on the size, i make all sizes. For the normal 12x6x5 its $35 + shipping. Im thinking about throwing in a powerhead + jalli light package soon too. Of course that would be a little extra but its worth it rather than paying multiple shipping charges on different sites.

How much for one 17 X 5 X tall enough to set behind (not hang from) the back of an AGA minibow 7? Very nice work btw!

Archived