Coral Vue Hydros

Problems with Polyps

drrivas

For a while now my GSP have barely opened at all. In my 12g I have a 32 watt smartlight and have tried to moving the GSP around to differnet spots in the tank with no success. My green button polyps also are detoriating but are doing better than the GSP. Except for when I started, I have also never had any luck of Mushrooms. They never fully open up and eventually disappear. Other corals (pearl, 2 types of Xenia) are doing well. I change the water weekly and add trace elements. I only have the filter that comes standard in an Eclipse for water movement. Do I need more circulation? Any help would be great.

NaNO ReeFiN

How are your water parameters...? You should definitely add more circulation to that tank as the filter alone probably will not cut it. I'd recommend a Rio90 as it has worked very well for me. Others though will recommend another powerhead, whichever one you pick, it will definitely help your water circulation out a lot.

i also use the rio 90 and i love it. works great and i have never even cleaned it. you definately need more circulation. gsp like a pretty good flow. i would imagine they wouldnt do very well with no flow.

My pink star polpys are directly under the ouput of the skimmer. For some reason they open up best there. Lighting I'd say they are getting mid-range.

You should get all your water parameters checked (try get most of it done at the LFS).

There is something wrong with the water chemistry thats causing this.

Perhaps even the water flow is TOO little?

Generally, mushrooms and start polpys are the hardiest or corals, and if they cant survive in your tank at the moment, then obviously something is wrong with the tank.

Get things checked out.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Archived