Pod Your Reef

JBJ automatic top off

BLoCkCliMbeR

BLoCkCliMbeR

I just got this little piece of magic a couple days ago from Aquacave (great customer service by the way!)

and i have to say i dont know what to do..i havent had to put water in my tank, or call my wife to do it for me.

the unit itself:

-its well put together, and the diagrams provided in the manual are easy to understand.

-comes with 2 float switches, so there are multiple ways to set it up, or you could keep one as a back up

i hear that replacement float switches for this unit are costly, so hopefully i dont have an issue, so far so good.

installation:

after asking around, i went with the TOM aquatics aqualifter as my top off pump. my tank is only an 8 gal biocube, so i was worried about a possible flood if the pump was too strong.

the pump is dead silent. i was concerned it wasnt even working, but it is, its just that quiet.

my resivoir is a 5.5aga tank, i couldnt find a plastic container to my specs, so i just used what i had.

i have it set up in the standard "a" mode, one float in the tank in chamber 3 and one in the resivoir to keep the pump from running dry.

the only draw back ive found so far is that the float switches are on these frames that you use to hook up to the mounting brackets, which are close to being too big for my bc8, i ended up just cramming it in there with it up against the return. its in there solid, hopefully it wont slip.

my return lines are made of ridged tube which i bent with a lighter and got some nice angles on so it fits in the hood w/o any cuts

ill post pics soon as i get home, and let you all know what i think in another week or so.

so far so good, a solid unit.

Mount float in tank to a mag float or other magnet for maximum adjustment/use in your BC? Those brackets suck especially with the molding around your filtration chamber.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831-1.jpg

These floats have been going strong for 2+ years, same with the MJ1200 that powers them. The JBJ computer box yet has finally failed. 2+ years is good enough for me and am satisfied with it's lifespan. I am hooking up new floats similar as pictured to the Reef Keeper Lite.

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Reservoir

IMG_0463.jpg

Archived