inTank Media Baskets

Looks as though my fish have seen a ghost

tashana

have just come home from a nice dinner out to find my perc clown and ocean beauty looking rather pale in the face.

they both appear to have 'white' faces.

i have never heard of this before.

and i hope it is me being a little over protective of my fishies. but i have to think that they might be sick.

i have checked my amonia. it is at 0.1ppm

i have checked my ph and it is at the right level- around 8.2.

i have been feeding them pretty much straight frozen brine shrimp becuase the dried food i have at the moment is too big for my ocean beauty to eat. i hope this isnt making them sick. :x

that is all i can think to check at the moment.

its midnight and i really dont think my local fish guru would enjoy me phoning him at this time at night. :*(

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is like a whiteish 'patch' that covers their faces. not down to the gills though. i cant really describe it anymore

but the colouring is not anywhere else on their bodies, just the face.

UPDATE:

awoke this morning to find that fish are back to healthy selves. perhaps this might be what my little friends look like when they are sleeping? i dont know.

all i know is that they appear to be alright now...even though we are all suffering a heat wave. the joys of the tropics.

thanks for your help.

A side note: I have heard of nutritional deficiencies causing "paling". You might try frozen formula one or two for more variety than just brine, it's not a very nutritional diet on it's own.

B

Were you pointing a flashlight into their faces? (seriously)

My black sailfin blennie looks light grey/white when the lights are off and I point a flashlight at him. May be the way your light reflects.

Archived