inTank Media Baskets

Reggie's 3.8g SPS Pico

Reggie

lol how much are you into this pico setup for? It is all beautiful equipment!

How much was the 3.8g? I didn't have a chance to browse Deli's site before it went down for the season =(

I'm an avid vodka doser on my 30g. This time I want to try out something new. I have now added 40ml of NP Biopellets on a TLF reactor. Note that I'm doing this since I intend this to be an SPS pico tank:

The catalog write up sounds convincing. Please keep us updated on your findings

You've got some really sick kit on this tank. I'll be following this thread with my eyes wide open.

As for coral stocking, you say sps. Are you going for 1' frags or will you be adding a small number of bright coloured "small"colonies?

Another teaser:

Here's the Mame Skimmer in action:

Where did you purchase that skimmer. I could only find it on a Japan based web site. I ended up making a DIY version that really works very well but I have to think the real thing must work better.

Where did you purchase that skimmer. I could only find it on a Japan based web site. I ended up making a DIY version that really works very well but I have to think the real thing must work better.

Yes, you can only get it from Japan. I got it from Rakuten. Do you have a link to your DIY?

It looks like it's working well.

As for coral stocking, you say sps. Are you going for 1' frags or will you be adding a small number of bright coloured "small"colonies?

I'm planning to go for just three types: birds nests, pocilloporas, and stylophoras. Yes, 1" frags and small colonies, several from my other tank, and grow them out.

• 4 weeks later...

I've added some birdsnests and stylos. Naked clown is from my 30g but I might put him back since he might jump. There is also a cleaner shrimp hiding behind:

pico_may2010.jpg

Sorry I haven't been posting pics since I've been busy with work.

what white balance or camera setting do you use to catch the bright LED lights so well in your pics?

regardless, thats starting to look really cool :)

Is the light that is produced from the Leds that skinny in real life or is that just the picture? because it looks like there is only a narrow area where light is strong

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived