Coral Vue Hydros

BC29 HQI InTank Mods (New Pix 5/9/10)

paulski1

Full angled top shot with original filter.

I hope there I can find a way to post these pix without replying to my message. (Help??)

Box of goodies!! Excellent Packing Job!

Here are the items!! Combo Pack + Submersible Lights

Real Bright!

Here you go..prepping the baskets...the clip on MH has to be removed first...everything was super easy to put...no mods/cuts needed

The flow director need not be installed...the flow is more focused now...

Fish Saver...snaps right in!

post-51266-1268952175_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952201_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952295_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952431_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952460_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952559_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952578_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952668_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952685_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952709_thumb.jpg

post-51266-1268952782_thumb.jpg

I highly recommend the In Tank Combo. Steve/customer service was very helpful all through out. The product is well built and I feel that it is such a huge improvement from the stock ones. Now if only i could find a skimmer that would be small enough to fit chamber one.

I'll keep you guys updated with the development!!

Good choice, upgrading from the start. Is the cycle done?

I transferred all rocks, substrate, and saltwater from a cycled aquarium. Been 3 weeks. Parameters are A-ok! I'm not gonna go all out yet. I will wait few more weeks.

inTank you for the pictures and enjoy. It is good to see it in action on the HQI version. I was unaware that their light clips go into the chamber. Makes me mad that you have to remove them to service the media basket but luckily that is only 3-4 times/year.

Look into the aqualife mini skimmer for chamber one. Do a search here I think some modded the tank and got it to fit in chamber one. Yet then that leaves your heater somewhere else.

Waring: Do not use the air pack as a pillow, toy or flotation device.

inTank you for the pictures and enjoy. It is good to see it in action on the HQI version. I was unaware that their light clips go into the chamber. Makes me mad that you have to remove them to service the media basket but luckily that is only 3-4 times/year.

Look into the aqualife mini skimmer for chamber one. Do a search here I think some modded the tank and got it to fit in chamber one. Yet then that leaves your heater somewhere else.

Waring: Do not use the air pack as a pillow, toy or flotation device.

You're very welcome. It's not as bad to take 'em off, but yeah they (the lights) can become off-centered because there is no line where it should sit on. I will eventually, get a tunze and just convert the media basket to become a fuge basket too. Unless, they someone come out with a skimmer that would fit chamber 1.

Thank you again. I am almost out of polyfilter, I should be ordering from you soon.

Just in case I go through the tunze/media basket route, which of the two media should stay? (purigen or chemipure) because there are only three chambers?

I like chemi pure elite. If you want more chaeto purchase the smaller 6.5 oz CPE and use the larger shelf for chaeto. 6.5oz CPE goes on second shelf.

Nemo Niblets

I recommend that instead of picking between chemi-pure and purigen, do BOTH carbon and phosban instead. Carbon will do most of what chemi-pure does, and phosban will take out phosphates which is pretty important.

smaller second shelf = smaller bags of both. CPE IMO is easier. But if on hand you can do as above and put into little mesh bags.

The trimming should be cut to get the cover to shut tight. The fish saver and the trimmings (under the cover) are getting in each others way.

post-51266-1269110966.jpg

post-51266-1269110977.jpg

post-51266-1269110986.jpg

wait, you still need a fish saver even with theirs built in?

...just looks better with the "intank" logo...lol :D

aha...sticker sounds good. I'll remind you about the sticker with my next order of polyfilters.

thanks!

Paul

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived