ReefCleaners.org

how to post pictures?

Korbin

click on the the "IMG" icon above the "your reply" section and then enter the URL or destination of the picture on your computer.

NanoReefer53

there is a size limit and picture size limit so that may be the problem. if not, find a picture host and use the [ img ]image-url[ /img ] tags.

If you use the IMG icon at the top of the page, then you need to point to a picture hosted somewhere on the NET.

If you lick on the Attach File-->BROWSE

button then you point to a file on your computer.

After that, as been mentioned, if the file is too big in terms or file size or image size on screen, it wont work.

NaNO ReeFiN

I had a problem at first posting pics because there's a size limit now but I just shrink it in paint and problems solved.

Christopher Marks

The new picture upload system is a bit more picky on what it will accept. The images can be no larger than 600 pixels wide. There is also a file size limit.

don't you think you should have picked a resolution that is common like 640x480 to avoid alot of frustration?

I mean unless you are adept at photoshop changing resolutions can ba a difficult task for a "newbie" type.

Just a thought,

Toy

640x480? Heck, back in the day, that was the size of my whole screen. Not to mention a lot of newer digital cameras blow that away. 640x480 isn't any more common than anything else and that is way too big for an image posted in a forum.

I think it is more than generous for Christopher Marks to provide his disk space and bandwidth for picture storage. Something of this nature increases both by quite a bit. 600 pixels wide are more than enough for free way to host your images on a forum. Heck, if I was Christopher, I would lower it to 450!

If you can't figure out how to resize an image, then you shouldn't have a dang digital camera or a scanner! These are basic things you need to know to operate either of these and get the results you want. Anything you do with a digitized image on your computer, other than storage and printing, requires resizing.

I just want to say thanks Chris for providing this feature for us. It is great!

Guest LudavicoTechnique

Oh just learn to resize you lazy shmoes! If you can maintain steady levels in a reef tank I think you can find the 'resize' or 'resample' buttons in whatever graphic program you are using.

lol

"If you can't figure out how to resize an image, then you shouldn't have a dang digital camera or a scanner! These are basic things you need to know to operate either of these and get the results you want. Anything you do with a digitized image on your computer, other than storage and printing, requires resizing."

Bah!

Toy

NaNO ReeFiN
Originally posted by LudavicoTechnique

Like this

I got goosebumps looking at that picture... :( gross...

Archived