Innovative Marine Aquariums

Magnet Scraper

zzpw3x

I am looking for a good magnetic algae scraper for my nano tank. Because the live rock is so close to the glass, the scrubber I have now is too thick and hits the rock - it is the Mag-Float brand and is about 1" think on the inside of the glass. Does anyone know of some other brands that have a smaller profile? Does anyone know how thick the Hagen brand is?

Thanks, Dale

purple_llama

i have the mini mag-float and it's just over 3/4 of an inch... not very small at all. and it's really weak (there's only one model and it's acrylic safe) so i doubt it'd scrape off coralline.

you could try one of the non-floating ones, they're quite a bit thinner. not sure what brand names but there's one that's green and grey and looks to be about a cm (<1/2 inch) thick on each piece. just don't drop it!

reefermadness

The small twister is thinnest and pretty strong. It does not float.....I gave mine away and now I can't find one locally. It would be a shame to have to pay five bucks shipping to get a five dollar item.

I gave up on mag-floats. You have to go over an area a few times with the mag floats to make it effective in cleaning the area. I just use an old credit card which works much better and is "thin".

Archived